Such an easy recipe! Mexican inspired ingredients and Latin American inspired spices. Super healthy and so delicious.
Organic Vegetable Broth
1 can organic black beans (or pre-soaked dried ones)
1 can organic corn
1 hunk of onion
1 can organic tomatoes (crushed or whole)
1 large free-range chicken breast
Spices to taste: salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, achiote, coriander, chilli pepper, chillis, jalapeño peppers *
*This time I used an "achiote cilantro" spice mix. I am such a sucker for South American flavours...
Fresh corn tortillas or corn chips
1. Get out your slow cooker.
2. Add beans, corn, diced onion, tomatoes (chopped if using whole tomatoes).
3. Slice chicken breast width-wise to achieve thinner pieces. (Faster cooking). Add to slow-cooker
4. Sprinkle spices on top.
5. Pour vegetable broth until just covering.
6. Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
7. To serve: Stir and serve with fresh corn tortilla chips, half an avocado, diced, and fresh lime juice. A dash of hot sauce is delicious too.
Optional garnish: sour cream, sharp cheddar, salsa, cilantro.
This recipe is lactose-free and gluten-free.