Cauliflower "Chicken Wings" - a great, healthy alternative when you get a craving for saucy wings!
Organic Cauliflower, cut into "chicken wing" sized pieces
1 free-range egg
Hot Sauce (I use Franks)
1. Pre-heat oven to bake at 400F
2. Cut up cauliflower into size of choice. I go for big, chunky pieces.
3. Mix together 1 egg and a splash of milk.
4. Pour bread crumbs into shallow dish. Optional: Add spices to taste, salt, pepper, paprika
5. Dip cauliflower pieces into egg mixture, then toss in bread crumbs.
6. Place in a baking dish or on a baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle with a little olive oil
8. Bake. Check every 10 minutes until desired consistency is reached.
30 seconds. Remove and stir until liquid. (The ratio of butter to hot sauce depends on if you want a buttery or hot-saucy sauce.)9. Place butter, hot sauce and two shakes of Worcestershire sauce in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for
10. After cauliflower has reached desired texture pour sauce evenly and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve as a side or as the main! The great satisfaction of saucy chicken wings without the chicken. We like to serve with homemade fries and a vegetable. (Blackened Brussels Recipe)
This recipe is vegetarian. Leave out the breading for gluten-free.