Optional: Summer sausage or bacon
Salt & Pepper
1. Cut the bottom of the brussel sprouts. Peel the outer leaves and add to bowl. Cut remaining brussel "cores" in half and add to bowl.
2. Add a little olive oil to a wok/pan on medium heat.
3. Dice of a hunk of onion and 1-2 cloves of garlic. Add to wok and cook until clear.
4. Add brussels.
Optional: Chop up summer sausage or bacon into small pieces. Add to pan.
5. Stir often. Cook on medium-high until desired consistency/blackness is achieved. (We like them very crispy and well done).
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve as a side or add to pasta with cherry tomatoes and olive oil. One of our absolute favourite sides in our home! (Hey...a thought...maybe it would make a good risotto too?...)
This recipe can be vegetarian, vegan, and is gluten-free and lactose-free.
#foodethics #food #brusselsprouts #side #vegetables #vegan #vegetarian #lactosefree #glutenfree #recipe