This recipe was based on a recipe found on Pinterest, with my own homemade whole wheat pasta, and modified for my ShApril guidelines of no processed food ingredients.
Fresh, homemade whole wheat spaghetti (recipe coming another time)
1 large onion
1 package rainbow grape tomatoes
Fresh Basil to taste
4 cloves garlic
Seasonings to taste: Black pepper, salt, olive oil
1. Make fresh spaghetti (recipe to come in another post)
2. Slice onion thinly and slice or press garlic. Cut summer sausage into small cubes. Slice grape tomatoes down the middle.
3. In a large pasta pot (with strainer insert if you have it) combine sausage, onion, basil, garlic and salt, with enough water to fill above strainer and have enough room for pasta to cook.
4. Cover and heat until rolling boil.
5. Add fresh pasta to pot; boil for 2-3 minutes until pasta is al dente.
6. Remove from heat and drain. Serve immediately with a hint of olive oil and fresh cracked pepper.
Review: This recipe was so delicious and flavourful! When not sticking to my ShApril guidelines I would use dried pasta and parmesan cheese, as per the original recipe. Not including the time to make the pasta, this recipe was very quick and easy. Will definitely make again!
(Though technically summer sausage is processed we had a little hunk left in the fridge that I couldn't see go to waste!)